Saturday, January 30, 2010

Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life.
- Lawrence K. Fish

I quite like that quote.

This morning started way too early, 6:30 am CET. In the most opposite of my style, I didn't hit snooze once. Dios mios. The method to the madness... I had an excursion. We went to the Dalí Museum in Figueres and to Girona. The Dalí Museum more than exceeded my expectations. Before today, Dalí held no weight in the scheme of my life, but that is no more. He is probably best known for this:


But I like him better for these:



If you look hard enough at the last picture, its actually Abraham Lincoln. I enjoy things that have more than one meaning. Well, thats enough about Dalí, though I do recommend him.

Girona was incredibly beautiful. We weren't there long enough for me to say anything else, but its beauty would still win out anyway. As is the case with most everything ;)

In other news, I tried mussels the other day. After you pop those suckers out of their shells, they look like the world's most disgusting bug. It was quite an internal battle after that slimy, poopy-orange sight but I made myself try it anyway. What a major triumph. And, it actually tasted pretty good.

Two things before I go:
1. The doors here open towards the inside. I know Spaniards take pleasure in laughing at me every time I pull. It never fails.
2. Spanish-speakers pronounce my name Hoolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment