Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some big mile stones have come and gone this week.
  • Bono's birthday.
  • The four month mark - I have been out of the US and A four whole months!
  • The little girl pulled out a new pair of pajays. The bottoms are cute little grey leggings and the top is grey with a pink hello kitty. Big surprise, right? She's just showing off now.
On that fateful morning of January 10, as I walked hesitantly toward my imminent death sentence, I knew deep in the pit of my heart I would one day find myself unable to detach from the city that imposed my strongest sense of anxiety. That day is here and now. I can't wait to see my friends and family, and am looking forward to all the next year holds, but this city has wiggled its way into a special place in my heart. Here, in this city, I have for the first time done everything completely on my own, and it has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Its a mere miracle in itself that I've been able to navigate from my apartment to any given destination. Baby steps. Lots and lots of baby steps.

Thats my sap story for the day, you can expect there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment