Sunday, January 24, 2010

iQue bonita! iQue guay!

This glorious sight is only about three or four blocks from my home-stay, and thats all I have to say about that.

The Verdaguer metro station has a long tunnel-like runway that I detest deeply. The stale lighting and constant wind make my eyes water and I'm somehow always sweaty by this part of my metro journey. But, the other day someone was playing the Titanic song with a peter pan type instrument. It made me smile in the midst of my least favorite part of the trip. I can only hope that next time someone will be dressed in lederhosen, armed with an accordion and playing the chicken dance.

On Friday we went to a place called the Dow Jones bar. As you may have guessed, the drink prices mimic the stock market and fluctuate throughout the night. How stressful! I, of course, bought a 6margarita and soon realized I have no future as a stockbroker. It was my first legal drink purchase though, so obviously I had to splurge.

After this fun, expensive little excursion we went to a hole in the wall bar... right up my alley. The metro closed at 2 am so we spent the rest of the evening chasing down the US embassy, McDonalds, to no avail. We did, however, treck down las ramblas to the Mediterranean. It was tan bonita and calm at 4:30 am.

Today: the Picasso museum. It was magnificent with intermittent periods of strange. I had a sweet potato for lunch from a street vendor. So cute and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment