Friday, April 16, 2010

In a dream I had
I was on a stage with Queen
Michael Stipe and Elton John
Bono and Springsteen
Singing hallelujah, rock and roll is king
People Like You, Live

Live and I dream the same dream. But I'd be a backup dancer, breaking down the electric slide, or even better, the chicken dance.

Today I came back to the apartment to find the little girl had two friends over. Naturally I was stressed about the situation, one small child makes me feel awkward enough. The two girls were decked from head to toe in dress up clothes, including fake hair pieces (I'm going to have to steal one of those in the night to permanently cover my mullet). And a little boy watched in awe as the girls gave him a relentless stream of orders. Sounds like my childhood, though we spent our free time playing vending machine and boat. But, that is neither here nor there.

One of the girls, Carla, couldn't figure me out. Every time she walked by my room she would stop and stare, and I, of course, smiled nervously. This persisted until she finally decided to stop by my room and sweep the floor with the worlds tiniest broom. Even a five-year-old could tell my room needed to be swept (my love affair with digestive cookies is to blame) but I know it was her way of saying she wanted to be my friend. So, we said hello, introduced ourselves, made some small talk, and set a lunch date for next week. Great success, my first spanish friend. She even gave me a hug on the way out. In regards to the hug, she actually just stood next to my bed with her head cocked as if she wanted to give me a hug. But, since spaniards rarely hug and instead do the double kiss I ended up giving her one kiss and a half hug. It will probably be our new secret handshake.

Tomorrow I'z going to Sitges. Wiki it, you know I already have.

Here's a little preview...

I lead a really hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment