Monday, April 12, 2010

The woman and little girl I live with performed an eclectic rendition of english songs today, including but not limited to Thriller, Looking in your Big Brown Eyes, and Colors of the Wind (they must have known of my past Pocahontas obsession, and by past I mean everlasting). The english was barely recognizable but the hummed melody was spot on, culminating in both a hysterical and heartwarming listening experience. Probably akin to Jules' famous Under Pressure performance.

As I narrow in on the final stretch of my study abroad adventure, I expected to have had an epiphany of the future by now, but... to no avail. I imagined a scene with really bright, blinding lights atop a mountain. Earth, Wind and Fire would show up singing Fantasy, something like...

recognize its your life now in review
and as you stay for the play, fantasy, has in store for you
a glowing light will see you through
it's your day, shining day, all your dreams come true

...and with the final vocals I'd know I had arrived. But since that didn't happen, maybe I'll stay in school as long as possible. Though sadly that reality is slowly coming to an end as well.

In other news, there is no other news.

Barcelona is becoming more and more saturated with tourists. Though I'm certainly not a local, I wouldn't call myself a tourist either. I believe Sonia said it best this weekend, we are all but a few focals. Fake locals. I like the energy of crowded streets and warm weather, but la Boqueria and las ramblas are just way too crowded as of late.

That's all I've got.

Oh except, the define function on google is one of my most useful assets. You simply type define: followed by a word and suddenly a wealth of definitions. Its my second most frequented site next to wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment